Are you looking for recipe inspiration Jamaican Christmas Cake ? How to make it is difficult and easy. If it is wrongly processed, the results will not be satisfactory and it tends to be unpleasant. Whereas Jamaican Christmas Cake What is delicious should have an aroma and taste that can provoke our taste buds.
Many things more or less affect the quality of the taste of Jamaican Christmas Cake, starting from the type of material, then the selection of fresh ingredients, to how to make and serve it. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Jamaican Christmas Cake delicious at home, because as long as you know the trick, this dish can be a special treat.
Ojust for addition only, the time it takes to cook Jamaican Christmas Cake estimated approx 2hrs 30min.
So, this time, let’s try it, let’s create it Jamaican Christmas Cake home alone. Stick with simple ingredients, this dish can provide benefits in helping to maintain the health of our bodies. you can make Jamaican Christmas Cake use 25 type of material and 6 manufacturing step. Here’s how to make the dish.
There's no Christmas in Jamaica without this tasty rum fruit cake.
Ingredients and spices that need to be prepared to make Jamaican Christmas Cake:
- 1 1/4 cup Jamaican white over proof rum
- 1 1/4 cup port wine or red label wine
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup dried prunes
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 grated zest from one lime
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 2 tbs browning
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 9 eggs
- 2 cups butter
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground all spice
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
Steps to make Jamaican Christmas Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degree then grease and flour 2 round baking pans or which size pan u choose.
- In a blender add rum, wine, dates, raisins,cherries with their liquid, prunes, currants, chopped almond, orange juice and blend until all the fruits are chopped. Let sit for 1hr (2days is way better 😀)
- In a large bowl cream sugar and butter. Then add eggs mix well
- Add molasses, browning, blended fruit mixture, lime juice, vanilla, almond extract and stir
- Add flour, nutmeg, cloves, all spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, lime zest and stir. Do not over mix
- Pour the batter into your baking pans and bake for 1hr. You can put some cherries in the center of the batter if you wish. Stick a toothpick in the middle to ensure it's done. Tooth pick will come out clean if it's done. Enjoy!
How ? It’s easy? That’s how to make Jamaican Christmas Cake which you can practice at home. Hopefully useful and good luck!