Are you looking for recipe inspiration Italian Cream Cake ? How to make it is difficult and easy. If it is wrongly processed, the results will not be satisfactory and it tends to be unpleasant. Whereas Italian Cream Cake What is delicious should have an aroma and taste that can provoke our taste buds.
Many things more or less affect the quality of the taste of Italian Cream Cake, starting from the type of material, then the selection of fresh ingredients, to how to make and serve it. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Italian Cream Cake delicious at home, because as long as you know the trick, this dish can be a special treat.
So, this time, let’s try it, let’s create it Italian Cream Cake home alone. Stick with simple ingredients, this dish can provide benefits in helping to maintain the health of our bodies. you can make Italian Cream Cake use 16 type of material and 9 manufacturing step. Here’s how to make the dish.
This is my grandmother's recipe. My family is from Georgia and she or my aunt would make this cake every Christmas. I'm also including a scaled down version of the cake that I created for smaller gatherings.
Ingredients and spices that need to be prepared to make Italian Cream Cake:
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter
- 2 cups (400 g) granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, separated and at room temperature
- 2 cups (240 g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 32 oz powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (for frosting)
Steps to make Italian Cream Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease, flour and line the bottom of 3 (9-inch) pans with parchment paper.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer cream the shortening, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together onto a sheet of waxed or parchment paper. With the mixer on low speed, add the sifted ingredients in batches alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, and gently fold into the prepared batter. Add the coconut, pecans and vanilla and fold into the batter.
- Divide the batter among 3 prepared cake pans and bake for about 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of each cake.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the frosting. In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, butter and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and mix until throughly combined. Add the nuts and fold together. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to frost the cake, then bring back to room temperature.
- Allow cakes to cool in the pans for about 10 minutes before turning them out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- When the cakes are completely cool, stack the layers with the frosting and frost sides and top. Decorate with whole pecans around top edge of cake.
- For a smaller version of the cake, use two (8-inch) pans and the following ingredient amounts: 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening, 1/3 cup salted butter, 240g granulated sugar, 3 eggs, 144g all purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2/3 cup buttermilk, 1 1/4 cup shredded coconut, 2/3 cup chopped pecans, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 8oz cream cheese, 1/4 cup salted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 16 oz powdered sugar, 3/4 cup chopped pecans. Baking time may vary.
How ? It’s easy? That’s how to make Italian Cream Cake which you can practice at home. Hopefully useful and good luck!