Are you looking for recipe inspiration Easy Castella Cake (poundcake) ? How to make it is difficult and easy. If it is wrongly processed, the results will not be satisfactory and it tends to be unpleasant. Whereas Easy Castella Cake (poundcake) What is delicious should have an aroma and taste that can provoke our taste buds.
Many things more or less affect the quality of the taste of Easy Castella Cake (poundcake), starting from the type of material, then the selection of fresh ingredients, to how to make and serve it. Don’t worry if you want to prepare Easy Castella Cake (poundcake) delicious at home, because as long as you know the trick, this dish can be a special treat.
So, this time, let’s try it, let’s create it Easy Castella Cake (poundcake) home alone. Stick with simple ingredients, this dish can provide benefits in helping to maintain the health of our bodies. you can make Easy Castella Cake (poundcake) use 9 type of material and 7 manufacturing step. Here’s how to make the dish.
I used to love pound cakes (when I wasn't vegan) and since I love baking I tried my hand on this Japanese cake. I tweaked the recipe by using Dominican Vanilla and organic sugar (which isn't typical in this type of cake)
Ingredients and spices that need to be prepared to make Easy Castella Cake (poundcake):
- 2/3 C (100 g) cake flour
- 2/3 C (100 g) unsalted butter
- 2/3 C (100 g) milk
- 4-6 egg yolks
- 4-6 egg whites
- 2/3 C (100 g) organic sugar
- 1-2 tsp Dominican style vanilla*
- Dominican vanilla
- Can be found in the Caribbean section in your supermarket
Steps to make Easy Castella Cake (poundcake)
- Separate egg yolks from the whites and place them both in separate bowls. Set aside.
- In a bowl, sift the cake flour. Also set aside. In a small pot place butter and milk and let it melt over medium heat stirring occasionally. Once you see a few bubbles on the sides turn off. Pour this over the cake flour (while warm) and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar until a smooth meringue is form. Soft peaks is a good sign of how far to whisk it. After doing this, combine the meringue with the cake batter and mix together well.
- Pre-heat oven to a low 305 F
- In a baking pan (square is preferred) line it with wax paper (baking paper) on all sides. This will help the cake not stick to the pan and will make it easy to take out. Tap pan gently ontop of a kitchen towel to get air bubbles out. Since this is a pound cake made of mostly yolks, you will need to place the pan in a shallow baking tray and do a marybain (water bath) which means you have to place the pan in the tray and pour hot water gently to cover up to half way of the pan.
- Once you do this step, place the cake batter into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes. Insert a tooth pick around 50 minute mark to see if it comes out clean.
- Tip: you can also bake this in your rice/slow cooker!!! Instead of a pan, oil your rice pot and pour batter. Cook it for 50 minutes. If it is still too light and a bit “wet” continue cooking for ten more minutes. Here is the third try this time in the rice cooker.
How ? It’s easy? That’s how to make Easy Castella Cake (poundcake) which you can practice at home. Hopefully useful and good luck!